Apple iPhone 8 Introduction
The iPhone 8 marks the most radical change in iPhone design for three years. One of the big upgrades Apple has given its new iPhone is the glass rear, that means a brand-new feature in the shape of wireless charging. The True Tone feature alters the brightness of the display in relation to the surrounding light. The camera on the iPhone 8 is improved including splashy colours even in dim light and default HDR, which means you should get the best photo possible with every click.
iPhone 8 has 4.7inch Retina HD display with True Tone technology. First introduced on the iPad Pro 9.7in in 2016, True Tone technology detects the ambient light in your iPhone camera settings and adjust the white balance of the display accordingly, to help provide a better and more comfortable viewing experience. It’s a clever feature by Apple. The rest of the display specs remain the same as before.
Design and Build
When it comes to design, the iPhone 8 is what you’d expect from an ‘S’ upgrade. It’s slightly thicker and 10g heavier than the iPhone 7. The big change is that the aluminium back has given way to glass, making it slightly heavier in hand.
A mirrored Apple logo sits front and centre on the back of the phone, and the camera and flash jut out from the top left. Apple iPhone 8 has a highly polished design.
- The iPhone 8 comes with an Aluminum 7000 frame, reinforced glass front and rear, IP67 certified for water and dust resistance
- iPhone 8 is furnished with a 4.7-inch 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD screen of 750p resolution, 326ppi, True Tone adjustment via a four-channel ambient light sensor, wide color gamut, 3D Touch.
- The phone is pre-loaded with Apple iOS 11.
- It is motorised with a Hexa-core (2 Monsoon + 4 Mistral) 2.09GHz Apple CPU, tri-core Apple GPU, 2GB of RAM, Apple A11 Bionic SoC.
- iPhone 8 comes with a primary 12MP camera with F/1.8 lens, optical image stabilization, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture.
- It has a secondary 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode.
- The phone has a built-in storage of 64 GB.
- iPhone 8 is powered by a 1821mAh battery, wireless charging (Qi compatible).
Yes you read it right. Apple has introduced support for wireless charging for the very first time in its iPhone series. After years of fans asking the company to offer wireless charging on the iPhone, Apple has complied, and announced that it’d be compatible with Qi-certified wireless chargers. Apple has added another fast-charging support option through which you can charge up 50 percent of the battery in 30 minutes.
There’s a catch to the wireless charging, though: it’s limited to 5W at the moment. It can be used with more powerful Qi chargers, but it won’t charge the smartphone any faster.
The iPhone 8 features 1,821mAh battery that is actually over seven percent smaller than the iPhone 7 battery.
iPhone 8 has the sheer power of the A11 Bionic baked inside it. A11 Bionic is Apple’s most impressive processor yet. iPhone 8 has 2GB of RAM. In benchmarks, it picked up a score of 9037 in the multi-core Geekbench 4 test, which comfortably beats off any of the Android competition. Moreover, Apple iPhone 8 has front facing stereo speakers and as per Apple, these speakers are 25% louder than iPhone 7. Call quality of iPhone 8 is excellent.