Apple iPhone 8 Plus Introduction
Witness the best display possible on the Apple iPhone 8 Plus, thanks to a large 5.5-inch Retina HD display with True Tone technology. The display automatically adjusts white balance to match the light around you. So if you're in a low light area, the screen will adjust accordingly to help you see better. The Retina HD display also has a wider colour range to bring your photos and movies to life. Apple iPhone 8 Plus is the toughest, most durable iPhone to date. The front and back feature glass with a 50 percent deeper strengthening layer, and a stainless-steel aluminium band that provides additional reinforcement. A special coating on the screen makes it easier than ever to wipe off smudges and fingerprints.
Design and Build Quality
The iPhone 8 Plus has a classic design and an incremental update to the iPhone 7 Plus. Apple uses stronger aluminum body accents, steel reinforcement inside and metal highlights around the camera lens. The curved edges remain pleasant in the hand, and the slight increase in weight since the last generation. Surely Apple has always been masterful at fit and finish.
Portrait Lighting is a new mode that adds simulated lighting effects and it's amazing. Line up a shot in Portrait Mode and you will be able to swipe between five effects: the standard Natural Light, Studio Light, Contour Light, Stage Light and Stage Light Mono. You can also add these effects after taking the picture from the camera.
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus comes with a Aluminum 7000 frame, reinforced glass front and rear, IP67 certified for water and dust resistance.
- iPhone 8 Plus is furnished with a 5.5-inch 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD screen of 1080p resolution, 401ppi. True Tone adjustment via four-channel ambient light sensor, wide color gamut, 3D Touch.
- The phone is pre-loaded with Apple iOS 11.
- iPhone 8 Plus is motorised witha Hexa-core (2 Monsoon + 4 Mistral) 2.09GHz Apple CPU, tri-core Apple GPU, 3GB of RAM, Apple A11 Bionic SoC.
- The phone comes with a Dual 12MP primary camera, wide-angle F/1.8 + telephoto F/2.8, live bokeh effects (including Portrait mode and Portrait Lightning), optical image stabilization, 2x lossless zoom, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture
- It has a secondary 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode.
- The phone comes with a built-in storage of 256 GB.
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus is powered by a 2691mAh battery, wireless charging (Qi compatible).
Camera & Photography
The iPhone has always been well-known for providing best camera results and the iPhone 8 Plus continues that tradition. It has almost the same camera setup as the iPhone 7 Plus, with 12MP twin lenses (wide angle and telephoto) on the rear and a single 7MP lens on the front. The photography editing effects are powerful too – yes, they’re mostly filters, but Apple has popped some excellent choices in there, and the colour/brightness tweaks you can make are the perfect mix of simple and effective – the balance Apple strives to seek.