Apple iPhone X Introduction
It's ten years since the iPhone was first unveiled and Apple has marked the occasion with a new iPhone that doesn't just jump one generation, it jumps several. The iPhone X has a glass front and back. There are many benefits to this - not least the fact that you get a larger screen on an iPhone that feels more comfortable to hold than the iPhone Plus series, but also the fact that the glass back allows wireless charging using the Qi standard. The iPhone X sees Apple switch out its usual LCD screen tech for an OLED panel for the first time. It’s powered by the A11 Bionic chip, which is ridiculously fast, plus 3GB of RAM. Aside from a few software bugs in iOS 11, navigating the iPhone X is a universally smooth experience.
See the bigger picture through iPhone X
The one area that Apple hasn't changed for the iPhone 6 is build quality, and this model is the best yet. Sticking to its usual design regime, the iPhone 6 uses a completely new design. Gone are the square edges of the iPhone 5S, replaced with a curvier, more rounded body. Given the extra size of the phone, the rounded edges don't just look great, they make the phone easier to hold and we've not once dropped our handset by mistake.
Unlock your phone by looking at it
Unlocking your phone is quicker on the iPhone X with Face ID. Your face is your password. Thanks to advanced facial recognition that maps and learns your face, you can unlock your phone just by looking at it. It even works in the dark, or if you change your hairstyle, wear sunglasses, or grow a beard. Face ID is a unique way to access your phone, and keep it safe.
- Apple iPhone X is furnished with a 5.8-inch bezel-less Super AMOLED screen of 1125 x 2436px resolution, 458ppi. HDR video support, wide color gamut. True Tone adjustment via a six-
channel ambient light sensor, 3D Touch.
- The phone is preloaded with Apple iOS 11.
- iPhone X is motorised with a Hexa-core (2 Monsoon + 4 Mistral) 2.39GHz Apple CPU, tri-core Apple GPU, Apple A11 Bionic SoC, and 3GB of RAM. The device has a built-in storage of 64 GB.
- iPhone X is equipped with a Dual 12MP camera wide-angle F/1.8 with OIS + telephoto F/2.4 with OIS, live bokeh effects (including Portrait mode and Portrait Lightning), 2x lossless zoom, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color gamut capture.
- It has a secondary 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, 1080p@30fps video, depth detection for Portrait mode and animoji
- Apple iPhone X is powered by a 2716mAh battery, wireless charging (Qi compatible).
Transform the way you take photos
Be blown away by the best camera ever on an iPhone. iPhone X has a larger 12 MP sensor, with a new colour filter and deeper pixels. Both rear cameras have optical image stabilisation, and fast lenses for excellent photos even in low light. A Portrait Mode helps you take the best selfies and portrait photos you've ever taken, by letting you adjust the light settings for studio-quality effects.
Make messaging fun
Transform the way you send messages with Animoji. 3D sensors in the iPhone X let you create your own custom 3D animated emoji that reflect your facial expressions. Smile into the camera to make your favourite emoji appear full of joy, or give it a look of surprise. Your custom animated emoji will share the same expression and can read out a voice message too.