Samsung Galaxy S9+ Introduction
There's tough competition from Huawei and the rumored LG G7 looks interesting, but Samsung is aiming to stay top dog with its new flagship Galaxy S9 smartphones. Getting the plus model bags you an extra camera, larger screen and more. You won't find a bigger and better Android phone than the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, thanks to its oversized 6.2-inch curved screen and low-light-defeating dual-lens camera. Surely, the Galaxy S9 Plus is Samsung's most advanced big phone.
Dual Aperture Camera
As teased with its ‘The Camera. Reimagined’ campaign ahead of the launch, it’s the camera on the Galaxy S9 phones that’s had the biggest upgrade. Samsung Galaxy S9+ has a terrific camera. Samsung brings a mechanical dual-aperture lens from DSLRs to its flagship smartphone, a feature that's designed to let in more light, reduce image noise and generally make your photos a lot better.
Another advantage over the regular Galaxy S9 is that you get a larger battery here, so carrying around the extra weight might be well worth it. While the Galaxy S9 has a 3000mAh battery, the S9 Plus offers 3500mAh. Fast Charging the S9 Plus with the included charger for just 15 minutes brings it from 0% to 19%, and 30 minutes gets it to 38%; at 45 minutes, the phone gets up to a comfortable 58%. Samsung also supports fast wireless charging and sells a bunch of wireless charging pads.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9+ is furnished with a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED 'Infinity Display', 2960 x 1440px resolution, 529ppi.
- The S9+ is equipped with a Dual Primary/Back 12MP camera, f/1.5-2.4 aperture and the 2nd 12MP camera, f/2.4 aperture, autofocus, 2x zoom. 2160p/60fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion, 720p/960fps super slow motion video recording.
- It is equipped with a Secondary/Front 8MP camera, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus, 1440p/30fps video recording.
- The Galaxy S9+ is pre-loaded with Android 8.0 Oreo.
- The S9+ is motorized by Exynos 9810, octa-core CPU (4x3rd-gen Mongoose 2.7GHz + 4xCortex-A55 1.8GHz), Mali-G72 MP18 GPU and 6GB of RAM.
- It has a built-in storage of 64GB, and a microSD slot for cards up to 400GB.
- The Galaxy S9+ is powered with a massive 3500mAh Li-Po (sealed), Adaptive Fast Charging, QuickCharge 2.0 support, WPC (Qi)&PMA wireless charging.
The Galaxy S9+ is a gorgeous and almost flawless phone, offering premium specs and features in a sleek and well-made design. The Galaxy S9 is the best of what Samsung has to offer at a really big size. Its 6.2-inch curved screen is spacious and elegant-looking, even if it appears as if nothing has changed about it.